Monday, March 8, 2010

A Bit of Frustration: Game Pirating

HOW MANY BITS, MERCER? 0/8 Bits.

Alright, so call me old fashioned, but nothing irritates me more than going onto a computer and finding all pirated music, games, and software. With sites like what.cd, software like limewire, and the introduction of torrents to our information age, pirating is getting easier, and it pisses me off.


Maybe it's just me, but the sensation of openning a new game, pulling that plastic wrap back, and pressing my fingers to the keys of a controller is infinitely more satisfying than openning up a file on my desktop, and playing a game that was meant for XBox on my computer. Something about that screams sacrilege.

It doesn't bother me as much about music, funnily enough, because I feel like musicians make tons of money anyway, and it's easy to burn music and put it in your shared folder. However, it takes so much more effort to burn a game, and all of its components, and then upload, and share.

Why waste so much time trying to steal? If you're such a big BioShock fan, buy the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment