Monday, February 8, 2010

A Bit of Education: Lost University

HOW MANY BITS, MERCER? 5/8

Now, despite the fact that I absolutely adore ABC's Lost, there is only SO far that the obsession can go. From expensive Box Sets to Lost themed bands like Sonic Weapon Fence from Chicago, and The Oceanic Six, Lost has truly gone off the charts with the insanity.


Despite this, however, the producers have come up with a new gimmick to drag in hapless viewers on the 6th and final season of this epic show. The creation of Lost University was unbeknownst to me until I watched the pre-episode to the FIRST EPISODE OF THE FINAL SEASON. Instantly, upon hearing that I could have my very own ID badge for Lost University, and could take classes that would allow me to learn more about the History/Heiroglyphics/Languages/Whatever on The Island I ran to my handy dandy macintosh and signed right up.

According to various newspapers and blogs, multiple fans have been doing the exact same as I have. Not only did I completely forget about doing homework for my regular university classes for almost the whole weekend, but I didn't even leave my bed!

I would suggest this "game" for almost any Lost fan that has a keen taste for adventure and knowledge! The only problem (and the only reason why I didn't give it 8 Bits) is that you have to buy the blu-ray disk, which may cause problems in disk-player compatibility, and money.

Either way, even if you don't watch the show, or don't have the money to buy the disks, you should go and check it out, as it's pretty amazing what a little obsession can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment